Early Care and Education Services Map for Illinois
This map shows early care and education services sites for Illinois based on the most recent data available.
Service sites include Preschool For All, Preschool For All Expansion, Prevention Initiative, Head Start, Early Head Start, licensed child care centers, licensed-exempt child care centers, and family child care homes. Note that portions of Early Head Start and Prevention Initiative programming are home-based services. Administrative offices for these services appear on this map .
- You can click/drag or scroll/zoom to any area to see more detailed site locations.
- Clicking on the site marker will open a window with site name, address, enrollment/capacity information, and more.
- Alternatively, you can enter any address, city, county, or other geographic name in the search box to quickly find sites in your area.
- By clicking in the layers box, you can turn layers on and off and quickly identify school districts, legislative districts, Birth to Five Council areas, and city boundaries.
- New! You can now add 100% and 200% Federal Poverty Levels (FPL) for children ages 0 through 5 (most recent data) to the map by census tract using the layers box
The map below is set to show Illinois Birth to Five Council regions in combination with a layer showing children ages 0 through 5 living in families under 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL) by census tract (2020). Like with the map above, you can toggle on/off different layers to create a variety of additional views.